Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Time

Mother's Day is coming and I always enjoy this time of year because it reminds me how important it is to guard my time everyday. We all have busy lives and in this day and age there are so many distractions that take us away from our family and homes. We only have our children for a short period of time before they will be adults with their own lives, spouses, and children. I want to be very intentional about my time. I want to spend as much time as I can with my children. Sometimes this means that my house doesn't look perfect, or that I have to say no to the Internet or TV, or even to some outside activities. I pray that God will always give me a heart for my home, that he will remind me more often how important the job I am doing is, and most of all that he take residence in my home and make it his own. No one is perfect, and no one has perfect circumstances, but we must do our best with what we have. Titus 2 tells us that we are to love our husbands, love our children, be self-controlled, pure, kind, keepers at home and submissive to our own husbands, so that the word of God may not be blasphemed. This is the most important job on earth and God gave it to MOTHERS! I am praying that all moms this week will slow down and just enjoy being a wife and mother, because if you are one then you are truly blessed.








No comments:

Post a Comment